Reflections is a National PTA arts in education program. The program was started in 1969 and is the largest arts in education program of its kind in the United States. Students have the opportunity to use their creative talents by expressing themselves through their own original works created around a theme.
The Reflections theme for the 2016-2017 School Year is “What’s Your Story”
Use your imagination to create a film, song, artwork, photograph, poem, short story or dance routine. You may enter as many times as you like in as many categories as you like. Each entry must be accompanied by an official entry form. Be sure to reflect the theme in your work.
Four Rounds of Competition
Five Grade Divisions
- Primary (Preschool – Grade 2)
- Intermediate (Grades 3 – 5)
- Middle/Junior (Grades 6 – 8)
- Senior (Grades 9 – 12)
- Special Artist (All grades) Click here to read about the Special Artist Division.
Participation in Reflections is organized by student grade levels. Student works are critiqued against others in the same grade division.
Six Art Categories
- Dance Choreography. Ballet, contemporary, ethnic and folk, hip hop, jazz and tap. Entrant must be the choreographer and may be the performer, or one of the performers, but does not have to be.
- Film Production. Accepted forms include: Animation, narrative, documentary, experimental, or a media presentation (PowerPoint is prohibited). Entrant must be the director, screenwriter, and camera person including all story boarding and editing.
- Literature. Accepted forms of fiction and nonfiction include: Prose, poetry, drama (screen play and play script), reflective essay, narrative, and short story.
- Music Composition. All instruments, sounds, styles and combinations are accepted. Copyrighted material is prohibited. The composer may be the performer, or one of the performers, but does not have to be. Notation, score or tablature required for middle and high school division. **Music videos are not accepted**
- Photography. Accepted forms of photography include: A single photo, panoramic, photomontage (one seamless print of multiple original photos), a multiple exposure, negative sandwich or photogram. Original black-and-white and color images are accepted. Entrant must be the one to take the photograph. Must be mounted or matted on cardboard mat, foam core, or other rigid, sturdy material. New maximum size: up to 18” X 24” and up to 3/8”thick.
- Visual Arts. Accepted forms include: Architecture (2D), collages, photographic collages (multiple photos cut/pasted), computer-generated image, design, drawing, fiber work, mobiles, painting, and printmaking. No framed entries including canvas stretched over a fram. Paper entries must be mounted on a rigid, sturdy material such as foam core or cardboard mat. New maximum size: up to 18” x 24” and up to 3/8”thick.
Have fun and make sure all entries relate to the theme: What’s Your Story
Last day for art submission is Friday, October 28, 2016.
Please contact mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Advertising helps supplement this free website by DigitalPTO.com | Disable Ads Here