International Night will be held Thursday, February 23rd, from 7:00-8:30 in the gym!
Ben Rush celebrates International Night each year to honor the international and regional diversity of our school community. It’s a feast for the eyes, a journey around the world. All families are invited to attend. It’s free.
If you would like to offer a performance, a display table, or if you plan to bring food, please use the form links below to register and request a space. Please note that all performances are limited to 2 minutes in order to accommodate as many students as possible. We encourage students and families to collaborate on performances and display tables as well!
The details: You may participate actively by helping to organize this event (please email email@example.com) or contribute a display, food or performance – please use the sign up links below. You are also welcome to just come by and enjoy the show.
- Display – We invite families to set up a table displaying items from their country (toys, books, food, clothes, posters, pictures, slide shows, art or crafts). You may also offer food samples, craft activities or games. Your ideas spark the success of this event. Sign up here to request a display table space
- Food – If you don’t set up a cultural display, but you plan to bring a dish to share, we’ll have the food table set up where your dish can go. Sign up here to offer a food to share
- Performance – You are welcome to perform music or dance at this event. Please consider that the gym will be crowded. Limit performances to 2 minutes. Sign up here to request a performance slot.
- Activities– There’s a lot going on at international Ben Rush throughout the year. ELL students improve their English, the library is providing books from all around the world, in music the students learn songs from different countries and the PTA geography program broadens the horizon, to name just a few. Some of these groups will be present at International Night. We will also have a World Knowledge Passport Game to help guide students to the display tables.
- Kids Parade– This year we will have a kids parade for all children who wish to participate. There will be a variety of flags available to carry in the parade. Arrive a little early to secure your favorite country.
International Night is a Ben Rush favorite event, and it runs on the strength of our volunteers.
Want to Volunteer?
We’d love to have your help! Please email Margaret and Namita at firstname.lastname@example.org. Whether you have a little time or a lot, we can use your help!
International Night is held in spring every year to celebrate the international diversity of our school community. It’s a feast for the eyes, a journey around the world. All families are invited to attend. It’s free.
For additional information contact email@example.com.