Goal: To have fun creating a controlled experiment demonstrating your understanding of the Investigative Format. Working individually or in teams of two, you will design, document, and conduct a controlled experiment using the Investigative Format. On the successful completion and documentation of your experiment, you will create a display board for the Science Fair. Your display may also include models of your experiment, the equipment, or pictures and video. Recommended Approach and Key Dates
- IDEA DEADLINE: You and your partner, if you have one, will have selected, built, and PLAYED with your demonstration/apparatus of science. For example, you decide to and then build a potato battery. You must complete the attached Science Fair Proposal and return it to your teacher for extra credit. Date: right after the 1st work party.
- Your work will be done at home but we can confer on your project at school.
- Kick-off work party: Thursday, March 10th from 3:15-4:15 in the 4th grade pod.
- 4th Grade science work party: Thursday, March 24 from 3:15– 4:15 in the 4th grade pod. (snacks). Purpose of this work party is to COMPLETE and put together your display board.
- COMPLETE EXPERIMENT by Friday, March 25: (recommended): Present results of the experiment in the Investigative Format. Then put this document on a display board for the Science Fair.
- Thursday, March 31, 7:00-8:30 PM is the Science Fair: Have fun and share your experiment with people. I will come around to view and ask questions about your project.